Office Status: Onsite
The role will support to maintain KYC program of the branch with focus on ensuring information in KYC profiles submitted by Line of Business to Compliance are in in line with current governing documents and regulatory requirements.
This role will focus on the review and approval of periodic review or refresh of client information and onboarding of new customers, requiring close contact with Line of Business, Management departments and the Middle Office Team.
The Role is to support (Know Your Customer) Team, responsibilities to include (not limited to):
- Perform KYC due diligence including new Customer onboarding and Periodic review of existing customers.
- Liaise with line of business including Relationship Managers, Operations and other Departments to obtain required information.
- Ensure that documentation is accurate, complete & current with existing regulatory requirements.
- Research and validate customer’s data using appropriate internal and external data sources.
- Analyze and validate legal documents and financial reports relevant to KYC processes.
- Perform negative news and Sanctions screening processes for customers and related parties.
- Identify and escalate PEPs for proper approval.
- Perform transactional analysis of past activities to evaluate whether expected activities are in line with actual.
- Ensure timely completion of KYC review and provide management reporting.
- Monitor and maintain client information in internal systems.
- Identify and communicate control gaps, risks, proposed improvements.
- Perform reviews and updates of Compliance procedures and processes.
- Project management responsibilities may be required, e.g. producing project reports risk analysis and periodic updates for management.
- Provide support for Internal Audit and regulatory examinations, as needed.
- Support Sanctions team in review and disposition of Sanctions hits as needed.
- Support Transaction Monitoring team in Alert and cases review as needed.
- 2-5 years experience in AML Compliance
- Experience with KYC requirements, including account opening and documentation analysis.
- Strong ability to work independently, prioritize and multitask.
- Knowledge of AML, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, and other compliance related acts and regulatory requirements.
- CAMS and knowledge of KYC system (Surety/RegTech , Goldtier, Fenergo or others) preferred
- Knowledge: MS Office : Excel , Word and Negative news engines ( Dow Jones, Worldcheck, Lexis )