EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to define and implement strategies for foundational services such as Identity and Access Management (including role-based access control, AWS IAM Policies, single sign-on/federated login) and enable easy consumption of these services by our internal teams. Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
You will be an expert contributor and part of the Cloud COE Team; responsible for developing capabilities in automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and DevOps tasks while improving self service capabilities using public cloud platforms and open-source technologies. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on many technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified group strategy. All on the team provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value.
- Focus on defining and implementing an IAM strategy (federated login, single sign-on, multi-factor auth, role based access control, etc)
- Drive cloud native and designed for failure architectures across the enterprise
- Comfortable working with distributed teams and evangelizing the benefits of cloud and automation.
- Strong expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
- Automation is in your DNA – not satisfied with performing repeatable work. Automate wherever you can, and ensure enterprise grade scale and security is built into your automation
- Self-Service – develop self-service capabilities so consumers can use the service without requiring manual action
- Subject matter expertise with identity and access management technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory, Okta, Centrify, OneLogin, or comparable technologies
- Strong experience with structuring Role-Based Access Control policies, AWS IAM Policies
- Strong experience with configuring and managing federated login solutions
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Dynatrace, DataDog
- Experience with Logging technologies such as ELK Stack, Splunk
- Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems
- Strong code/scripting skills in Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, Perl, bash
- Experience working with complex network topologies and hardware
- Experience working in a multi-cloud environment – AWS, Azure
- Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt Stack
- Test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- Collaborate with colleagues to support and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools.
- Lead architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- Work with application teams to move existing applications to AWS through Lift-and-Shift and refactoring migration strategies
- Write and maintain clear, concise documentation, runbooks and operational standards including infrastructure diagrams
- Ensure all solutions are properly monitored and instrumented
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, test and production environments
- Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant distributed systems
- Provide best practices for building secure and reliable applications on cloud platforms
- Review existing and proposed architectures with an eye towards cost optimization
- Continuously identify, adopt, & refine best practices
- Educate/mentor product teams and junior engineers
- MS or BS degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in Software and/or Infrastructure, with a desired 3+ years in a relevant cloud, automation, and orchestration.
- 3+ years of IAM related experience
- Ability to translate business and security requirements into proper IAM policies.
- Build and liaise with key business stakeholders throughout the project to ensure a timely implementation and roll-out.
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
- Experience with workflow, publishing, analytics, portal, mobile, big data, cloud and other leading edge technologies
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment