To secure payments on delinquent mortgage accounts, HELOCS, and resolve mortgage account issues in a team-oriented atmosphere following all federal guidelines by performing the following duties
- Initiate direct contact with borrowers to assess borrowers’ situation and obtain repayment options to reduce potential losses to the bank in accordance with regulations and company policies
- Collection of assigned delinquent accounts using the policies of the Bank referring to collection laws set forth by regulatory agencies when calling customers
- Records information about the financial status of customer and status of collection efforts, suggests various options to bring accounts current
- Ensure customer letters and written notices are sent in a timely manner and in accordance with regulations and company policies
- Handle inbound collection and customer service calls.
- Utilize skip tracing skills to locate mortgage customers.
- Review delinquent loans for loss mitigation work out options, modifications and special forbearances.
- Review collateral conditions and asset value
- Notifies PMI, government agencies and investors of existing defaults and possible foreclosure action
- Receives payments and documents amount paid to customer accounts. Return unacceptable payments. Process payments using Western Union and Pay Simple.
- Manage foreclosure and loss mitigation accounts.
- Work with credit reporting agencies to ensure accurate credit reporting using E-Oscar
- Knowledge of Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, REO/ Property Preservation, Post Charge Off Collections.
- Provide payoff requests.
- Associates degree and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have working knowledge of Word and Excel.