Manager, Business Continuity
LocationNew York, NY
- Participate in the CUSO (“Combine US Organizations”) COE RCSA process specifically related to BCM
- Complete one comprehensive annual risk assessment per year for BCM in accordance with CUSO requirements
- Perform Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) assessments on vendor engagements related to BCM
- Re-design the business impact analysis (BIA) process to align with CUSO requirements and ensure all BIAs are updated at least once per year
- Develop a quality assurance process for BCM
- Collect, calculate and aggregate metrics monthly for entity level and COE reporting related to BCM
- Resolve audit issues, regulatory issues and open and close self-identified issues for BCM
- Complete Call Tree Notification Exercises, Unannounced Remote Equipment Checks, System Workaround Tests, Recovery Site Tests. Document a schedule of tests for the year and maintain/execute the schedule
- Work with and respond to the Second Line of Defense (SLOD) and Third Line of Defense (TLOD) to satisfy inquiries and requests
- Provide support for regulatory reviews for BCM
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or an advanced degree from a 4-year college or university in a related curriculum
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in a similar role.
- The ideal candidate for this position must be able to assume accountability for the work being performed, must work independently and as part of a team, and move work forward expeditiously against aggressive deadlines, but at the same time the work must be of high quality.
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) is highly preferred.