International Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Salary: $82,400 – $153,000
- Deep working knowledge of compliance risks/rules and controls for broker dealer, and derivatives/swap businesses
- Understanding and communicating compliance rules to the 1A business effectively while able to escalate any issues clearly to various stakeholders.
- Risk and Control experience in Capital Markets able to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders in business/trading, operations and risk conversations.
- Expert in the operational aspects, compliance and business matters for the capital markets business lines.
- Able to be point person for the front office capital markets businesses on operational/process, risk, and compliance issues and internal/external obligations.
- Conducting supervisory reviews (e.g. trade, electronic communications, voice communications).
- Lead/direct/execute delegated supervisory tasks from the businesses (Line 1A).
- Strong ability to communicate with senior Capital markets personnel on detailed issues in business.
- Participating in RCSA execution and liaising with 1A to identify processes, risks, controls and corresponding ratings.
- Coordinating in the collation of information and execution required by regulators and internal audit to facilitate the latter’s examinations/reviews.
- Driving analyses of risk events to ascertain underlying causes and formulate action plans to address process breakdowns.
- Reviewing regulatory and audit findings and work with business line management (Line 1A) to formulate responses.
- Assisting the business in coordinating and performing timely review of new transactions, products, and/or methods for effectuating transactions in accordance with Scotiabank’s New Initiative Risk Assessment process.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Series 7, 63, 24 in a short period of time.
- Monitoring adherence to trade-related controls designed to manage risk and compliance; for example, but not limited to: limit breaches, market abuse, fair dealings with clients, auctions and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Acting as the escalation point for incidents (e.g. delays in signing off daily P&L, errors, disputes), investigate and remediate as necessary.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of supervisory procedures at the business line/desk level.
- Developing and provide training to business line (1A) personnel on non-financial risks, controls and supervision procedures.
- Generating key metrics (KRIs/KPIs) and reports on supervisory and operational risk topics for senior management when needed.
- Evaluating impact on operational risk management from changes resulting from business expansion into new geographies, new products and services, organic business growth, system changes/new implementation, regulatory requirements.
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Partnering with business line managers to address operational risk, risk assessment and outstanding issues.
- Developing and implement new monitoring supervisory reports, as required.