The position is within Market Risk Management which is responsible for managing trading and fair value banking book risk specifically for the Credit, Distressed and Capital Markets businesses. MRM carries out this responsibility independently providing a comprehensive view of market risks to Senior Management. The candidate will ensure that Business units of the Bank optimize the risk-reward relationship and do not expose the firm to unacceptable losses. We are looking for a Self-motivated
professional who can work well in a fast paced environment, collaborating within a team, and interacting with traders, quants, research, etc. on a daily basis. Prior experience with fixed income products are preferred.
- Set appropriate Risk Appetite for each business level. Sit with the traders and monitor and manage risk real time on a day to day basis.
- Monitor daily limit utilizations, evaluate limit frameworks and communicate risk exposure and breaches to front office and senior risk management.
- Analyze stress test scenarios and direct hedging strategies based on economics, VaR, stress test and capital efficiencies.
- Advise business on stress/capital capacity allocations and hedging strategies.
- Ability to understand risk contributors and drivers of VaR, Economic Capital and Stress.
- Support CCAR quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reporting requirements. Evaluate portfolio capital efficiencies and identify positions with material RWA and stress utilizations.
- Ensure internal and external governance policies are being effectively applied. Review and Approve Leverage Finance deals in underwriting committee meetings.
- Liaise daily with trading desks with respect to exposures, new business and market activity.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience
- Strong experience in markets-related roles with an emphasis on market risk management. Having an understanding of Credit Risk is also a plus.
- Expectation to challenge the pricing, flexing and hedging strategies for new issuance based on market dynamics, realized new issuance volatilities and potential risk development
- Some knowledge of credit risk analysis with keen insights into what is driving credit exposures.
- Ability to run projects independently and build strong relationships across the bank.