EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
Market Risk Management is responsible for managing market or fair value risk. The primary objective of this position is to ensure that Business units of the Bank optimize the risk-reward relationship and do not expose it to unacceptable losses. This objective drives all of the activities conducted within Market Risk Management and we work closely with risk takers, risk managers and Control and Support groups in the process to ensure these objectives can be met.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through specialized employee groups
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily trading and new issuance risk for Equities, Converts, SPACs, Equity Margin Loans and Derivatives. Run all of the Market Risk Metrics including VaR, Stress Testing, Economic Capital along with trading sensitivities and greeks.
- Maintain constant awareness and understanding of the main risks taken by the Equity desk, challenging the desks when required. Ensure all main risks are always captured, stress appropriately, and reported to senior management.
- Represent Risk on regulatory projects (such as stress testing, new capital models), ensuring the quality of the results produced for Equities. Create and maintain strong relationships with the different teams in the bank such as finance, risk, structuring, and trading.
- Analysis of new trades in the Equity business both Secondary and Primary. Liaise with front office and other risk functions to understand and challenge the risk rewards of transactions.
- Ensure that all risks are well captured by the risk systems and models and understand key risks and stress scenarios.
- Daily analysis of risk reports, challenging the desk and escalating risk concentrations when appropriate and regular review of risk factors.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Equities markets and experience in risk management at senior level
- Knowledge of derivatives products and pricing.
- Ability to run projects independently and build strong relationships across the bank.
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm and have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a delivery focus.