Primary responsibilities include:
- Monitor and ensure compliance with various consumer laws and regulations in accordance with the Bank’s Compliance Management Program.
- Knowledge of various State and Federal consumer protection laws such as but not limited to: Regulations B (ECOA), C (HMDA), E (EFT), G (SAFE Act), P (Privacy), V (FCRA), X (RESPA), Z (TILA), DD (TIS), Reg D and CC (Availability of funds).
- Identify control deficiencies in business-level procedures or policies; issue final reports based on findings
- Work with various business units on compliance matters pertaining to consumer regulatory requirements (Branch Operations, Deposit Operations and Lending, etc.)
- Assist in regulatory consumer compliance examinations
- Stay up to date on federal and state compliance updates and changes to consumer regulations
- Assist in approval of any marketing materials, new products and/services
- Assist with preparation of Board meeting packages.
- 3 – 5 years of related experience in testing Consumer Lending Regulations is required. (Deposit experience in addition to is a plus)
- Demonstrated and applied knowledge of consumer protection laws such as, but not limited to the ones listed under Primary Responsibilities. (Knowledge of NYS Laws, Rules and Regulations a plus)
- Experience in working with State and Federal regulators during an examination
- Team player with strong communications skills both verbal and written (Korean language is a plus but not required)
- Ability to learn and keep up with industry changes in consumer regulatory developments
- Analytical, research, and problem solving skills are a must
- Detail oriented, organized, able to multi-task and prioritize
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of formulas and pivot tables preferred
- College Degree is required. (Types of professional certifications may be considered in substitution of)