- Manage and oversee the loan portfolio for the assigned team or RM.
- Proactively handle all portfolio monitoring tasks including but not limited to covenant tracking and resolution, preparing monthly BBC / variance reports, and review of Loan maturities, documentation, financial reporting, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of prescreen memorandums, loan sizing, term sheets and other tasks to support transaction origination and pipeline review.
- Liaise between Relationship Managers and the Credit Division to facilitate credit needs of customers including pre-screening, new loan requests and any modifications or annual reviews / renewals related to existing clients.
- Partner with the Relationship Managers (RMs) for all client matters and engage with other areas of BH to ensure high caliber customer service.
- Interact with appraisers, accountants, attorneys and other professionals as part of account management and funding execution.
- Prepare Credit Committee presentations and related reports for the assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate loan closing process and facilitate the flow of legal documents between the customer, bank, and attorney).
- Implement measures to promote early identification of risk items that may impact risk rating changes.
- Attend site inspections and client meetings with RMs.
- Perform other duties assigned that fall within scope of responsibility and role.
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills with knowledge of skilled nursing, seniors housing, lending to healthcare providers, and related industries segments.
- Solid underwriting, credit, financial modeling, and writing skills with attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of skilled nursing and senior housing property types and experience with other related healthcare verticals a plus (i.e. behavioral health, home healthcare, adult day care, medical facilities, as well as new construction).
- Experience with sizing and structuring transactions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of major risk elements within healthcare and excellent knowledge of cash flow, NOI, EBITDAR, and other revenue metrics.
- Experience in reviewing real estate appraisals, borrowing base certificates, property reports, CMS audits, etc. as part of the credit underwriting and diligence process.
- Strong work ethic initiative and ownership of responsibilities and assignments.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Maintain current knowledge of BOM, policy guidelines and bank compliance requirements (BSA/AML/OFAC and other regulations) and participate in training and policy initiatives as required.