EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
The Cloud Center of Excellence is responsible for developing the firm’s capabilities in automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and DevOps tasks while improving self service capabilities using public cloud platforms and open-source technologies. The Cloud Architect will play a key role in the direction of the cloud solutions, enabling development teams, DevOps teams and ensuring operational uptime of cloud-based software built by internal teams or third-parties.
- Build, lead, develop and coach a team of engineers, and architects in support of cloud-based solutions.
- Architect and Implement System Administration in the AWS and Azure environment
- Create and maintain documentation of enterprise infrastructure topology and system configurations
- Come up with OS and Agent patching strategy and Automation
- Monitor and optimize system performance taking both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent issues
- Serve as an escalation for internal support staff to resolve issues
- Coordinate with internal staff and schedule maintenance activities, including upgrades
- Work with the DevOps Engineering team to build/use automation tools to provide a fast, compliant list of cloud operations.
- Work closely with App Dev teams to provision and manage cloud infrastructure.
- Implement and oversee Security policy, monitoring, guidelines and compliance for our Cloud Services.
- Conduct System Outage Analysis to prevent the re-occurrence of incidents.
- Invest time in identifying the talents, skills and knowledge of direct reports as well as create development plans that help them grow in each area
- Clearly communicate processes, changes, incidents to both internal and external customers
- Responsible for Plan, implement, monitor, and test systems and procedures for best practice Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR).
- Create and manage monitoring and alerting processes and procedures to ensure actionable alerts are generated, operated on, and lead to problems being eliminated before impacting customers.
- Optimize AWS/Azure billing by Right Sizing instances, select/manage reserved instances with tools such as CloudHealth and/or CloudNative.
- Build a true DevOps culture to help increase business velocity.
- Build a high performing team which implements a high degree of automation, demonstrates extreme transparency and operates with a fully metrics driven approach.
- Manage a solutions architecture practice within the CCOE to be leveraged to evaluate new services/patterns and provide input/guidance to developers building on the platform.
- Align the team and platform to security best practices
- Focus on building automation to promote platform hygiene and operation excellence
- Experience delivering solutions in a complex, globally distributed infrastructure
- Expertise with both Linux and Windows technologies and their use in delivering secure, highly available, mission critical enterprise-class solutions
- Demonstrable experience delivering automation and other optimization techniques to modernize infrastructure
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience managing and implementing Cloud architectures in a DevOps/Agile methodology
- Experience facilitating incident management and system recovery efforts.
- Experience with operating system scripting such as ansible/packer, programming languages, agile project management practices
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- MS or BS degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in Software and/or Infrastructure, with a desired 3+ years in a relevant cloud, automation, and orchestration.
- 3+ years of system administration related experience
- Build and liaise with key business stakeholders throughout the project to ensure a timely implementation and roll-out.
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
- Experience with workflow, publishing, analytics, portal, mobile, big data, cloud and other leading edge technologies
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment