Philadelphia based multibillion dollar Real Estate Investment firm is building out its accounting/finance division. The firm has performed extremely well this past year and has expanded its investment portfolio to various types of properties across the country. Because of performance and growth, the Controller is looking for a Real Estate Accounting Supervisor. This person will be the number 2 in accounting, oversee 2 junior level accountants and gain hands on exposure to day-to-day real estate transactions. Excellent opportunity to put yourself on a Controller/CFO path within Real Estate. They have a history of being very aggressive with compensation packages for their employees. The team is working in the office 5x a week (hours are strictly 8am-5pm).
- Assist in performing accounting duties related to investment properties owned (GJEs, GL reconciliations, AR/invoicing, etc.), utilizing Yardi property management software.
- Record and Maintain AR, perform tenant invoicing for properties managed internally.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements.
- Assist in preparing Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Organize and Prep third-party reporting packages for accounting review.
- Review and verify supporting documentation for weekly disbursements and funding requests from third-party property managers; prepare wire transfer requests and initiate funds transfers.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analyses and prepare related reports, as required.
- 3-6 years of Real Estate Accounting experience
- Yardi is a plus