EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
The project manager will be responsible for the coordination of a significant corporate real estate project in with scope that includes project management and financial analysis. Candidate will handle the full project and cost management for a real estate project in New York City.
- Take control of the coordination of the active real estate project to build-out 160k RSF of office space in Midtown Manhattan.
- Support the creation of a project team inclusive of internal and external partners and drive team collaboration toward a common project success. This would entail leading project steering committees and / or working groups throughout the process from initial phase to post move, handover of old premises, and project closure.
- Drive the master planning, design, estimating and internal project approvals. This will entail frequent collaboration with the external partners including external Project Manager (“PM”), Real Estate Brokers, Architectural & Engineering Design Professionals, Contractors, Landlord Representatives, and other Consultants as required; and internal partners such as IT, Facility Managers, Security, and Procurement
- Work hand in hand with the Architect on implementing the Change Management process for staff transition from their existing work environment to the new one.
- Ensure an on-time and on-budget end result. The project manager is responsible to coordinate with the external Project Manager and internal stakeholders the due diligence process, vendors on-boarding, Architect/ Engineer/ Construction Company, Furniture Suppliers, and other technical consultants’ teams hiring by coordinating with the internal procurement team.
- Oversee and lead all project meetings and work closely with the external PM and the Head of Corporate Real Estate on all financials, including tracking commitments and expenditures against approved budgets. Lead the processing of tenant improvement (“TI”) reimbursement application to the landlord. The candidate is responsible of reviewing and recommending / seeking approvals from respective internal stakeholders.
- Review with the external PM, the architectural, engineering, and structural drawings to ensure the design and specifications meet the project requirements.
- Oversee the Construction process with the project teams.
- Support Facility Manager & IT efforts for relocating employees at project completion and during the change management process, and support handover of old promises to the Landlord.
- Oversee the receipt and comprehensiveness of As-Built packages including, maintenance manuals, drawings, warranties, landlord reimbursement and other requirements per project close-out list.
- 10 Years of Experience
- Experience with similar projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite including MS Project
- Strong Organizational, Communication and Technical Skills
- Analytical Skills & Project Management Skills / Certification
- Excellent Interpersonal & multi-tasking abilities