Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, direct, and execute credit card compliance program projects, including projects to support testing and analytics.
- Plan, direct, and execute business program enhancement projects and provide process management support.
- Manage and support risk assessment processes, including developing metrics and standardized dashboards for ongoing monitoring and reporting of compliance program activities across the retail lending business.
- Develop protocols for reviewing risk and marketing strategies to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Support the timely execution of the annual retail lending compliance risk assessment process.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in consumer credit, fraud, and credit bureau regulations through internal, external and on-the-job training.
- Ensure that monitoring activities are performed in accordance with established standards.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of various compliance related reports and conduct documentation reviews.
- Review and assist the business in responding to complaints/concerns.
- Monitor controls for adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Perform targeted monitoring assessments for emerging risks, complaints/concerns, third party oversight, etc.
- Advise on Issues Management and perform validation of regulatory corrective action plan items.
- Develop and maintain procedures for functions performed.
- Support compliance projects and other compliance initiatives as assigned.
5+ years of experience in consumer compliance or similar experience with a strong understanding of the consumer lending business. 5+ years of experience managing or supervising consumer compliance or similar teams.
Demonstrated abilities in development and implementation of new policies, strategies, and work processes.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Juris Doctor (JD) and/or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) preferred.
Proven ability to understand legal and regulatory concepts and convert them into relevant, practical business requirements.
Excellent oral and written communication in English and Spanish, including ability to express statistical ideas and concepts clearly and logically.
Strong management skills. Strong ability to build relationships and establish trust and credibility with direct reports, business management and regulatory partners.
Strong ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
Track record in managing high performing teams with demonstrated results.
Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to statistical modeling activities used in credit card acquisition and underwriting activities.
Compliance program development and/or implementation experience preferred.