Investment Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Regulatory Relations provides centralized management of activities with the firm’s local regulators. As part of the Regulatory Affairs Department (“RAD”), the Regulatory Relations Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Head of Regulatory Relations and Head of Regulatory Affairs in proactively managing the Bank’s relationship with its local regulators with a focus on examinations and continuous monitoring activities, acting as advisors to senior management and Board members on regulatory themes and supervisory matters, apprising senior management of all regulatory relations activities, and monitoring remediation efforts.
The Regulatory Relations Specialist will assist the Head of Regulatory Relations and Head of Regulatory Relations with the Bank’s engagement plan with its regulators to:
- Assume responsibility for covering a part of the CIB business or control area
- Coordinate with business or control areas to prepare for periodic (continuous monitoring) and ad-hoc meetings with regulators
- Ensure regulatory inquiries are routed to the correct area
- Review draft responses and send these to the regulators
- Provide advice to the assigned coverage area on regulatory issues
- Conduct regulatory examinations from end to end
- Coordinate response to the First Day Letter and ad-hoc requests from examination team. Provide guidance and challenge to internal stakeholders on the appropriateness of responses and remediation plans.
- Train and guide internal stakeholders in preparing for exam meetings including developing agendas, talking points, and materials
- Organize, participate and document exam meetings
- Evaluate regulatory risks arising from interactions with examiners and proposing to senior management on the appropriate plan of action
- Oversee the preparation of response letter to examiners.
- Ensure Senior Management and Board Members are well prepared and fully briefed for their regulatory meetings
- Draft briefing notes and memos inclusive of background and context on pertinent regulatory issues
- Attend and summarize meetings inclusive of key actions and issues
- Monitor and follow up to ensure any required actions are completed
- Work with the CUSO Regulatory Affairs Program Management team to ensure regulatory remediation and enhancement projects are designed to meet regulatory expectations