• Please note that if you submit a candidate who has already been referred to the Human Resources Department through the ATS for an assigned job opening from a different source, the Bank will only be able to recognize the initial source of that referral.
Risk Regulatory Affairs are responsible for the facilitation of the regulatory oversight process, management of the Regulatory Issue Management as well as management of the Regulatory Change Management Process.
Summary of role:
• Assist with establishment and management of the Regulatory Risk Governance Committee
• Participate in the Regulatory Advocacy initiative. (Proactive monitoring of upcoming Rules and Regulations and developing an awareness of the regulatory landscape)
• Regulatory Projects
• Assist with Regulatory Affairs – exam management for the Risk function
• Assist the Head of US Operations Risk Regulatory Affairs to develop the overall “Risk Regulatory Agenda” including current areas of work to support or potential regulatory concerns or initiatives.
• Coordinate Risk Regulatory deliverables and presentation materials for regulatory examinations and requests, ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
• Assist with the management of overall Risk related communications and relations with Regulators to ensure understanding of issues and points of interest.
• Act as a liason with the Compliance Group and coordinate and participate in regulatory meetings and examinations for Americas Risk Management.
• Produce regular reporting and presentations on regulatory and audit coverage for management.
• Analyze key upcoming Regulatory guidance to assess level of compliance with current practice.
• Determine, initiate and execute various self-assessments related to Regulatory and audit remediation efforts.
• Prepare and execute the Risk Regulatory self-assessment process including the review & challenge process.
• Assign subject matter experts and project manager for each remediation initiative in relation to the self-assessment process.
• Produce regular status reporting on self-assessment and remediation efforts for regulators and management.
• Keep abreast of relevant Regulatory developments related to Risk and ensure appropriate dissemination.
• Assist development of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to regulations.
• Develop strong internal network across businesses and control functions in order to maintain detailed knowledge of internal strategy and practices.
• Familiarity with the Regulatory oversight process as it relates to FRB, FINRA, SEC and other US Regulators.
• Understanding of regulations, best practices and regulatory expectations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills to accommodate difficult deadlines across several multiple regulators and businesses.
• General knowledge of financial products and businesses, including loans, underwriting business, products in the securities markets, futures and derivatives, operations in a bank’s treasury department, market credit, operations risks and supporting IT systems.
• Ability to work closely with various stakeholders to align business strategy with regulatory actions governing capital, liquidity, leverage, etc.
• Ability to influence others and achieve objectives without direct reporting supervision.
• Ability to work with limited supervision to determine and execute appropriate regulatory agenda.
• Experience operating in large, complex organizations.
• Experience in executing programs and strategies across large, complex organizations.
• Experience reviewing regulations related to bank holding companies/intermediate holding companies (bank regulatory capital requirements under FRB guidelines and Basel Accords, enhanced prudential standards under Dodd-Frank and Volcker Rule requirements