International Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
- Risk Business Analyst will be part of the Data and Monitoring team under Credit Risk Management. Overall, the team is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all credit risk exposures arising from business activities. Acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process, through the effective design and build of methods and models for the identification and accurate measurement of risk.
- Automate the data aggregation through utilization of the data lake concept
- Streamline reporting using Alteryx and/or Power BI
- Synthesize and report credit risks across all portfolios.
- Detect and report deteriorations in credit quality in a timely manner.
- Prescribe and advise on appropriate remedial actions when necessary.
- Identify and respond to exceptions and violations.
- Ensure adherence to Credit Risk Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor daily compliance with counterparty credit risk limits, investigate, report, and escalate breaches.
- Follow up on the terms and conditions of credit approvals.
- Strong academic background, including advanced degree in economics, finance, or statistics
- Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will be key in balancing short-term deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects.
- 1-2 years of experience with a good understanding of portfolio credit risks is preferred
- Strong problem-solving and implementation abilities.
- Process improvement history
- Strong working knowledge of Power BI
- Knowledge Strong IT skills are required to facilitate data analysis; competence with MS Office Suite is required, understanding/use of SQL, VBA is preferred
- Strong financial instruments knowledge
- Flexible, committed and teamwork oriented