A technology driven financial services and investment management firm is building out its Finance team. The company has done incredibly well over the past few years as they are one of the industry leaders focused on cryptocurrency, digital assets and blockchain technology (the company owns around $1 billion worth of bitcoin). Because of all of their success and growth the CFO is focused on hiring a new Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst.
- Report directly to the Director, Financial Controller, and interface directly with senior management team members
- Lead financial operations (primarily AP)
- Work with front office teams to determine accounting implications of new business / investments
- Develop, implement and upgrade controls and procedures to ensure the function will be Sarbanes Oxley ready compliant in the near future.
- Research and analyze accounting matters / Drafting and implementing formal accounting policies; evaluate current accounting practices and procedures and drive continuous improvement
- Enhance intra-group funding, transfer pricing & equity accounting and documentation
- Special projects, as needs arise
- 2-5 years of big 4 audit experience with Asset Management or Banking clients OR a mix of big 4 audit and hands on investment accounting experience