EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
Our Operations and Control team is looking for a passionate operational risk professional to support our business growth and development. You will be part of the wider Business Operational Risk Management team, supporting our
Commodities and Global Markets group across the globe.
- As an Analyst in the Operations and Control team, you will primarily provide support to our front office Supervision and Conduct program and, where required, provide coverage in the US time zone to support our business aligned operational risk managers within our Commodities and Global Markets group.
- You will use your data analytics skills to play an essential role in tagging, organizing, evaluating, and presenting data regarding conduct issues, and generate reporting based on that data.
- You will also be responsible for monitoring and escalation processes which are vital to managing our risk.
- In this role you will have the opportunity to support ad-hoc and project work. This could include process reviews, implementation of recommendations and post-implementation reviews.
- You will also have the opportunity to work with senior stakeholders and the business aligned operational risk managers on the Risk Control Self-Assessment process.
Our Commodities and Global Markets group is a global and diverse business, and this role will provide you with an
opportunity to become familiar with different areas of the group, building your knowledge in each. This could include
spending time supporting the business aligned operational risk managers across a range of products including Equities, Futures, Foreign Exchange, OTC Derivatives or Commodities Markets.
Initially, you’ll be focusing on developing your knowledge of our business and providing data analytics and
administrative support to the Supervision and Conduct team, but as you develop, you will be encouraged and given the opportunity to take on more complex aspects of operational risk management.
- To be successful in this role, you’ll have between 2-5 years’ working experience, preferably in a financial market related operational risk role.
- Similarly, experience in data analytics, supervisory framework, audit, compliance, or market operations would be highly regarded, as would experience in the production of management reporting.
- You must have an enquiring mindset, experience working with sensitive or confidential information, be prepared to ask questions, operate autonomously and make suggestions on how we can improve.
- Experience in project work would also be beneficial.
- You’ll be degree educated, most likely with finance or data analytics focus.
- You’ll be a team player and enjoy working with colleagues in locations around the world.
- You’ll have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be detail oriented and comfortable speaking to senior stakeholders.
- Proficiency in data analytics tools, MS PowerPoint, Excel and PowerBI is desired.