Conducts complex credit investigations and analyzes credit information pertaining to commercial loans. Prepares credit analysis memorandums for presentation to lending and credit officers or loan committees. Provides guidance to credit analysts, Associate Development Program personnel and assistance to loan officers as needed. Furnishes information relative to credit inquiries.
- Develops and analyzes credit information for use by lending and credit officers or committees in the making of lending decisions on new, renewal, or extension loans.
- Reviews all pertinent credit and financial information.
- Analyzes financial statements.
- Prepares credit analysis memorandums to determine credit-worthiness of commercial loan applicants.
- Exercises conservative judgement in approving Commercial Credit transactions or making recommendations for approval of these transactions to higher authorities.
- Works directly with lending, business development and credit officers in structuring complex commercial borrowing transactions. Reviews Precision Lender reports to ensure that transactions meet required minimum return on equity and return on asset standards.
- Performs portfolio maintenance responsibilities such as the preparation of annual credit file reviews.
- Supervises and provides training to credit analysts and Associate Development Program personnel.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other related field required;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Commercial Credit Analyst
- Demonstrated increasing levels of signing authority preferred;
- Working knowledge and understanding of commercial loan products, policies, procedures and federal regulations;
- Strong knowledge of bank credit rating and modeling systems;
- Experience with structured loans and covenants;
- Strong aptitude for figures and accuracy;
- Proven problem solving, decision making, underwriting and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied accounting and finance concepts as well as proficiency in performing detailed financial analyses;
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and efficiently under time constraints;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with good organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including MS Office applications and other specialized credit analysis and lending software