EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
The Security Incident Response team (SIR) oversees the detection, investigation, and response to all cybersecurity-related events. Their mission is to protect the company and its assets from all threats. The Security Analyst will report to the manager of Security Incident Response, and work hand-in-hand with other members of the team, additional teams within Security, and will partner with groups across the firm.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Define, detect, and analyze technical indicators and anomalous events to assess risks and potential threats to the firm including malware and ransomware.
- Analyze and query logs and other data feeds to identify malicious or anomalous activity using automated techniques.
- Recommend and implement additional data sources to improve security observability.
- Develop metrics to uncover impactful findings and deliver clear, data-driven assessments of incident detection and remediation.
- Provide functional guidance, recommendations, and direction to Security and our partners on technical risk reduction.
- Plan and conduct simulated response scenarios and exercises with our partners throughout the company.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BS/BA or equivalent required (technical or quantitative field preferred).
- 5-10 years of relevant security experience.
- Experience with SIEM products, including log collection, query, and analysis techniques required.
- Experience with analytical tools/methodologies required (SQL & GCP experience preferred).
- Strong writing skills including the ability to write comprehensive planning and response documentation.
- Forensic investigation and python scripting experience preferred.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves