EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
About this role:
Sr DBA/Database Engineer will provide technical expertise in designing, managing and administering Databases on premise and in Cloud (AWS) to meet the shifting organizational demands. You will engage in modernization activities to migrate application databases to open source and cloud and will be part of automation efforts to enhance provisioning and operations of all types of datastores.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure 24×7 availability for critical database systems hosted “on premise” and on AWS & Azure Cloud
- Implementation, maintenance and enforcement of effective industry standard processes and policies within our QA, DEV and Production environments.’
- Participate in the architecture and design phases of databases to support critical applications.
- Engage with DBAs, Apps Dev, and other technical teams to implement solutions.
- Work with managers and staff of “Apps Dev” teams to follow tactical and strategic directions.
- Prioritize work based on the project needs and work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Support the tactical and strategic directions for database infrastructure.
- Provide routine status reports to leadership and escalate as necessary.
- Maintain Service Levels and department goals for problem resolution.
- Follow security stands and effectively manage software patches and upgrades.
- Mentor junior team members and share knowledge within the team.
- Ability to Lead projects independently and working closely with the rest of the team members.
- Adopt to change technology environment and embrace newer platforms to support.
- Work in an agile environment and engage in DevOps practices.
- Works closely with other Cloud and Data Center Management staff to ensure departmental consistency.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ experience in Database Engineering and Operations with a bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive hands-on experience and authoritative knowledge of various database platforms (i.e. Oracle, Postgres, Mysql AWS Aurora) to support high volume OLTP &DW systems.)
- Experience in building and managing Databases in cloud (Azure and AWS RDS)
- Working experience on Oracle RAC, Data guard, RMAN
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues in real time.
- Experience in migrating databases from Oracle to Postgres is good to have.
- Understanding and ability to work with IaC, CI/CD Pipelines, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Aws Lambda, Azure Resource Manager, Ansible etc.
- Skilled in scripting languages such as shell, python.
- Working knowledge of Neo4J or other graph databases, Marklogic and AWS DynomoDB, Glue, Lakeformation.
- Ability to work on SQL Server, Azure Synapse and related Data Analytics tools.
- Knowledge and ability to work with data replication tools such as Goldengate & striim.
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability.
- Commitment to teamwork as a contributor and able to be on-call rotation for 24/7 support.
- Ability to envision and create automation for provisioning and administration tasks.
- Database & Cloud certifications preferable.