EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
In this role, the Sr. Architect will drive key architectural decisions in connection with the transition to modern and flexible financial-management systems. The preferred location for this role is Irving, TX; however, remote may be considered.
- Leads the process of end-to-end technology solution architectural decision-making across multiple large transformation programs focused on Finance (ERP, CPQ, Billing, Revenue Recognition), and Sales (Sales Lead Management, Sales Pipeline Management, Territory Management, CRM).
- Defines, promotes, and implements a set of principles used to make architecture decisions.
- Ensures that architectural decisions are well-documented, and that all business and technical stakeholders are appropriately involved in decision making, and informed of decisions
We are growing rapidly, and the processes and systems that support key business processes such as Quote to Cash are being transformed. We are seeking a leader who can make key technology architecture decisions that will be critical to making this a successful transformation.
This is a role that requires excellent communication skills, since the solution architect will have to interact with business stakeholders, technical leads, software engineers and senior management. Most of the relationships will be internal, but some will be external when working with software vendors or contract agencies / consultants.
Bachelor or Master’s degree in a computer science or IT-related field preferred
10 years or more as a software engineer and/or technology / solution architect, including at least 3 or 4 years in a leadership capacity
- Business Domain expertise in one or more of the following areas: Quote to Cash (Order Management, CPQ, Product Fulfillment, Variable Compensation, Billing). ERP (GL, AP, AR, Procurement), CRM (Lead Management, Sales Pipeline Management, Account & Contact Management, Territory Management)
Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Salesforce, Apttus, Zuora, Anaplan preferred
- Java, node.js, Python or .NET
- Experience with cloud computing, container technologies and serverless computing
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Strong verbal / written communication skills, especially around the presentation of architectural options/decisions to various audiences (business / technical / management