EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
Directs a multi-disciplinary development team to develop and implement significant improvements to core systems and business processes in support of the company’s/divisions profit, growth, and customer satisfaction goals.
- Designing, implementing, unit, integration testing and supporting modules developed using Python.
- Establish methodologies for quickly rolling out new data analysis capabilities for standalone data-driven products and service to support our associates.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for leading projects focused on extracting, merging, analyzing and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
- Lead the review and analysis of business requirements to create technical specifications
- Lead and participate in code reviews, peer inspections and technical design/specifications
- Prepare and provide adequate (quality and quantity) documentation for work products.
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve business process issues and identify business process improvement opportunities
- Responsibility for resolving all issues assigned in a timely manner
- Ownership for development of application architecture and delivery of technical solutions that meet business requirements
- Ensure that all applications conform to system and programming standards and are appropriately documented
- Perform support and maintenance tasks to address production issues reported by clients
- Manage formal and informal project communication amongst team and with other project participants using methods appropriate to audience and type of communication
- Evaluate developers following project completion identifying strengths and areas for development via a formal, written performance appraisal
- Be able to work in a globally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience of algorithms and statistics and experience in data mining, machine learning and natural language processing
- Advanced knowledge of Python programming language is required
- Experience with Conversational AI chatbot is a required
- Knowledge of Python ORMs like SQL Alchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Numpy, NLTK, Spacy and Scipy is required
- Experience with machine learning libraries and services like TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Amazon SageMaker
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostGres), etc.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data is required
- Knowledge of integration and web services technologies is required
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) and Big Data tools like Spark, Hadoop, EMR, Kafka is a plus
- Experience in building & managing applications on AWS
- People management experience is a plus
- Enterprise search platforms such as Apache Solr or Elastic Search is a plus
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- A proven track record of experience in leading the design and deployment of large-scale solutions.
- Experience in all phases of a systems development lifecycle
- Excellent software development and object-oriented design fundamentals with a strong background in architecting software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with other teams