The primary focus of the position will be to assist the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer with managing and monitoring all aspects of the BSA/AML, OFAC and other Bank Regulatory Compliance Programs in accordance with Bank policies and governmental regulations and applicable guidance. The position requires the candidate to identify new/revised statutes and regulations and emerging risks impacting the Bank. In addition, the position is responsible for maintaining a compliance management strategy that reduces risk and promotes operational efficiency.
BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance Program
• Perform KYC/CDD/EDD on new customers and during periodic account reviews. Work with the business units to resolve account opening issues and perform on going quality control of the KYC/customer files.
• Responsible for transaction monitoring, investigating and reporting suspicious activity related to money laundering and terrorist financing, including wires and correspondent banking activities.
• In accordance with the approved Compliance Program, perform periodic compliance reviews and testing of all impacted areas to ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place to meet all regulatory requirements. This includes general banking regulations and consumer compliance.
• Manage projects assigned by the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer.
• Provide guidance to the business support units and IT in developing effective controls and procedures for identifying, monitoring, reporting and recording suspicious activities.
• Ensure compliance with account opening, transaction monitoring and reporting procedure.
• Ensure timely reporting and escalation of significant issues to management.
• Assist in reviewing OFAC hits and communicating/testing for OFAC and sanctions updates in the banks monitoring and filtering systems.
• Assist in maintaining and enhancing the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing risk models in wide variety of areas (geography, product, customer-type, typology, referral channel, etc.
• Support an annual risk assessment of BSA/AML and OFAC control environment.
• Assist the Deputy CCO in identifying compliance training needs and support management in educating staff and acting as the contact point for questions and guidance.
• Perform additional tasks related to the department as requested by the Deputy CCO or CCO and provide backup when other staff are absent.
• In-depth knowledge of various Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing typologies.
• Proficiency with the Bank Secrecy Act (AML/KYC), USA Patriot Act (Anti-Terrorist Financing, correspondent banking and Customer Identification Program) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
• A comprehensive knowledge of general banking and consumer compliance regulations.
• A basic knowledge of FATCA or related experience.
• A comprehensive knowledge of the banking business with an emphasis on middle market commercial, asset based lending and syndicated lending.
• Able to use various in-house software and suspicious activity monitoring and CFT systems.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point).
• Knowledge of AML and OFAC systems.
• Able to use various research databases related to KYC such as internet searches via Google/Yahoo and World Compliance systems.
• IT knowledge and experience, particularly in testing is a definite plus.
• Strong comprehension skills and attention to detail are critical.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Self-starter capable of working under minimum supervision.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to multitask and work independently with a high degree of accuracy and materiality.
• Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to self-diagnose potential issues within the framework of customer risk, product risk, geography risk and ML/TF typology risk.
• Exceptional research and analytical skills.
• Strong learning ability/curve.