Office Status: Hybrid
A growing fintech / brokerage company is building out its finance team. The company has a technology platform for ultra high net worth investors to trade / invest in securities. The firm started off focuses on fixed income, equities and commodity trading but just made a massive JV deal with a cryptocurrency firm which is a brand new business for them.
Because of this growth, the CFO is looking for a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will gain exposure to financial reporting, hands on corporate accounting and various ad-hoc finance projects. Great way to break into one of the fastest growing investment platforms in the world.
The team is working on a hybrid work schedule (3x a week in office / 2x a week work from home), offer competitive compensation package and benefits.
This position can sit in NYC or Phildelphia.
- Assisting with the preparation of operating budgets, financial statements, and reports.
- Working closely with VP FP&A, Chief Operating Office, Chief Commercial Officer to support
- Reviews and produces financial data providing research and data analysis to present for use in planning and decision making.
- Analyzing financial data and assisting with audits, reviews, and tax preparations.
- Establishes and manages accounting record keeping systems, and procedures for tracking and reporting, including recommending remedial measures.
- Oversee and assist with processing all payments including vendors invoices, individual reimbursements, and other accounts payable and receivables, and researches discrepancies as required
- 1-4 years of hands on corporate accounting experience or audit experience from a large public accounting firm
- CPA is a plus
- Financial Services industry experience is a plus but not required