Financial Services Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Major financial services company that had a great year performance wise in 2021 is building out its Accounting/Finance division. The firm recently announced an acquisition of a major private equity firm and has plans to continue to aggressively expand in 2022 and beyond. The head of the group has been with the firm for 8 years, he started as an AVP and is now running the department and managing a team of 10.
He has a great reputation as a mentor and training his associates providing them ample opportunity for promotion. He’s looking to bring on a new Associate to help support the investment bank. The team is working fully remote right now with the option of allowing their employees to work in the office in NYC on a voluntary basis.
- Prepare US firm’s books and records and prepare monthly and annual financial statements, in conjunction with accounting teams both in the US and globally.
- Prepare various accounting reconciliations and financial schedules that support the financial statements.
- Assist team members in their collaboration with outside auditors and advisors and will be involved in US GAAP interpretations, as well as accounting policy and internal control documentation and decisions.
- 1-3 years of accounting experience from a Public Accounting firm or Financial Services company
- Financial Services experience is NOT required but having a personal interest in investment banking is