EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
The Senior Credit Analyst position requires the candidate to analyze, approve / recommend approval and subsequently monitor the credit risk on a portfolio of commercial real estate exposures. Credit requests to be concentrated on commercial real estate lending, though responsibilities may include other industries and financing structures. Company’s real estate activities include balance sheet lending, CMBS origination/distribution, CMBS repo, first mortgage repo and unsecured REIT lending.
For the portfolio of clients under the Senior Credit Analyst’s responsibility, day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Credit assessment of requests presented by the Business Units
o Review and analysis of the credit requests
o Document and recommendation for final decision
· Ongoing monitoring of portfolio credit quality (review/watch and early detection of deteriorating credits)
o With individual credits, through the annual review process and validation of risk ratings
o On a portfolio basis, by monitoring the quality of the portfolios as a whole
o Participation in the quarterly watch list review process
o Completion of various reporting requirements for RISQ management
· Contribution to Bank’s credit policy guidelines
o Participate in setting the global risk appetite for CMBS and Commercial Real Estate activities (incl. secured and unsecured lending activities to Real Estate obligors)
· 7+ years working in a Credit Risk or similar role in U.S. Commercial Real Estate and CMBS markets
· Prior credit approval delegation experience
· Prior workout experience a plus.
· Strong writing skills
· Good negotiating skills
· Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
· Effective management of priorities
· Strong credit background
· Analytical background
· Understanding of U.S. Commercial Real Estate and CMBS markets.
· Bachelor’s in Finance or equivalent discipline
· Master’s a plus