EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
- Ensure the quality of potential credits through accurate and timely credit analysis, provide appropriate reports to senior management, and manage the asset quality process.
- Prepare Head Office-311 consultation memos for the bank’s credit committee.
- Review and recommend credit requests as a member of the bank’s credit committee.
- Monitor policies, standards, process and procedures for the granting, monitoring and collection of credits.
- Ensure compliance with local and Head Office legal lending limits.
- Assist with the credit policy and loan administration functions
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations pertaining to the extension of credit.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, which fall within scope of responsibility.
- 20+ years of progressively responsible commercial banking in the credit management and approval process
- Credit administration,
- Analysis and lending;
- Working with regulators on credit and risk matters.
- Strong knowledge of the Commercial Real Estate industry, with significant experience in adjudicating credit in the following sub sectors:
- Residential condo construction
- Multi-family construction
- Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, Memory Care Facilities. (OpCo & PropCo)
- Extensive knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory issues
- Solid analytical skills and extensive experience in complex corporate financial statements, cash flow analysis, real estate valuation and corporate finance techniques.
- Must be able to effectively partner with the first line while maintaining independence in adjudicating credit.
- Advanced knowledge and training in credit analysis and cash flow concepts required.
- Skilled at developing tactics and strategies to resolve complex Credit issues.
- Expert communication skills (both oral and written) for presentations.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize and have solid problem solving and decision making skills.
- Loan workout experience desired.