As team lead of the Market Risk Oversight & Risk Governance team, this incumbent will assist the head of Market Risk Management Department in overseeing Front Office’s market risk and liquidity risk management, coordinating regulatory examinations, organizing market and liquidity risk committee, preparing related committees’ materials and ensuring the Bank’s risk exposure within risk appetite framework, and protect the Bank with safe risk management.
Market and Liquidity Risk Governance
- Develop and improve the policies and procedures on liquidity risk and interest rate risk management
- Implement the requirement of the Bank’s Risk Governance Framework, Heightened Standard and Enhanced Prudential Standard
- Build strong governance in market and liquidity risk management such as risk committee meeting materials preparation, meeting minutes recording and meeting coordination.
Oversee and Enhance Market and Liquidity Risk Management Key Activities
- Review and challenge Front Office’s market and liquidity risk management practice
- Identify, measure, monitor and mitigate market and liquidity risk exposure and analyze future trends
- Improve the Bank’s asset liability, optimize the funding structure and strategy.
- Coordinate LIBOR transition related work such as risk assessment, financial impact analysis etc
Build and Improve the Market and Liquidity Risk Related Analytics and Capabilities
- Develop the analytics tools to manage the Bank’s market and liquidity risk management such as stress testing assumptions review, risk limits review and risk methodology enhancement
- Build the capabilities in risk data aggregation including risk exposure, key risk indicators and other risk metrics
- Support new products such as interest rate options and FX options risk management
Implement and Execute Regulatory Projects
- Execute various Heightened Standard requirement related projects such as risk data aggregation, risk assessment
- Review and challenge Front Office’s remediation proposals addressing regulatory issues and concerns
- Develop and update resolution plans according to regulatory rules
- Deliver analysis and tools to meet with regulatory requirements
- 10+ years of price risk management experience in finance/banking industry.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with Master’s degree preferred in Finance, Engineering or Quantitative majors.
- Strong regulatory and compliance knowledge and excellent communication skills
- Strong risk management knowledge, such as on trading/banking book, counterparty credit risk, and asset liability management.
- CFA or FRM certification preferred.