Summary: Perform all functions in connection with refinancing and purchasing real estate closings for both residential and commercial loans. Provide excellent customer service while acting as a liaison between borrowers and lenders for refinance closings and attorneys and lenders for purchase closings.
- Reviews title commitments and lenders instructions. Identifies and resolves any title issues. Maintains open dialogue with lenders and borrowers to facilitate closing. Prepares subordinations, affidavits and HUD closing statements. Obtains missing discharges, assignments and warrants to satisfy judgments. Verifies receipt of funds. Prepares checks and transfers information to checking account ledger.
- Post-closing, prepares correspondence for submission of closing package, payoff of mortgages, liens and taxes. Disburses mortgage proceeds and obtains mortgage cancellations. Records documents.
- Disseminates information to and from prospective borrowers concerning closing procedures and costs. Completes title commitment applications. Schedules closings with borrowers and lenders.
- Keeps abreast of all laws and regulations affecting title issuance. Attends continuing education courses to maintain Title Producer’s License.
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned.
- HS diploma or GED required;
- A minimum of one year of mortgage settlement experience;
- Proficiency in preparing closing disclosures;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs;
- The ability to work independently, once trained, to complete work on a timely basis;
- The ability to work overtime when workload warrants;
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and be detail oriented;
- The ability to communicate effectively;
- Independent and highly motivated self-starter;
- Results oriented with proven track record to motivate self and others to accomplish objectives;
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, and driven; possesses a strong work ethic;
- A collaborator and team player, translating knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships;
- Ability to deliver a seamless experience to the customer.