EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
Credit Risk Loan Review department is seeking a recent graduate who wants to develop experience in the Financial Industry. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong initiative, able to work under pressure and have an understanding of banking and capital markets.
The U.S. Associate program offers an opportunity for recent college graduates interested in finance and
investment banking to actively participate in this fast-paced and challenging industry. We provide our
U.S. Associates with the tools necessary for professional growth and career advancement. The U.S.
Associate experience fosters the opportunity to connect with people who can help guide you career.
The U.S. Associate position will be available for a maximum of 2 years. The goal of the U.S. Associate
program is to develop the ideal candidate into a potential full-time position at the end of the two years.
The Credit Risk Loan Review Unit is responsible for ensuring an independent review of the credit portfolio (Structured Finance, Corporate Loans, Leveraged Finance, Real Estate, Trade Finance etc.) booked in the US Branches on a timely basis. This review covers the quality and completeness of the credit analysis done in the underwriting of the loan, the risk rating assigned to the loan and the adequacy and consistency of the supporting legal documentation in accordance with the credit approvals and the Risk Policies and Procedures. The department generates reports
to Management and RPC (Risk & Permanent Control) as well as Internal Audit Management in New York and Paris.
The individual will assist in implementation of the annually defined loan review program by collecting,
organizing and filing the data necessary for the Loan Review Analysts to review the portfolio. This
includes searching data from external sources on markets, industries and the companies to be analyzed,
downloading internal information from the various systems including the loan accounting
system, the legal document system(LEGOS) the covenant monitoring system(COSMOS), the loan closing
system (Galaxy), the risk rating system (the models) and the credit review system). The associate will
also prepare charts, graphs and summaries of information to be included in the reports.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Obtain information from both internal and external sources
- Participate in the credit risk review portion of the loan review process following the steps to conduct a
loan review and obtain information for the process.
- Participate in the review of the internal risk assignment in accordance with the rating matrix guidelines
(Anadefi data entry verification)
- Confirmation that covenants have been entered into the system accurately, confirm that covenant
calculations are accurate, verify that the systems reflect the approved amounts to the correct legal
- Assist in documenting the Loan Review Program and Analysis, in a traceable way.
- Assist the Head of Credit Risk Review collecting information to respond to both internal and external
auditors (Regulatory & Bank auditors) during exams.
- Student Level: Undergraduate / Graduate
- Minimum GPA: 3.4
- BA/BS or equivalent with accounting background and/or financial analysis
- Ability to read financial statements and willing to read legal documents
- Proactive “no surprise” approach, in communicating issues and confidence to ask questions
when dealing with unfamiliar information areas under review
- Must be energetic and inquisitive with an approachable style.
- Excel, Power Point, Word capabilities – including creating graphs, use of pivot charts to analyze
- Python skills (ideally)