Office Status: Hybrid
What will you do?
The incumbent will be tasked with working closely with colleagues in Internal Audit, Group Risk Management (GRM), Global Credit, Ratings & Monitoring (R&M) and Credit Transaction Management to ensure that for their assigned segment of the U.S. wholesale loan portfolio:
- Appropriate sample and review of the portfolio.
- Identify and report potential weaknesses at the borrower and/or portfolio level and recommend an appropriate remediation plan to the relevant business/support units.
- Ensure risks unique to both the region and the assigned portfolio segment are properly reflected in both the local and global risk frameworks as necessary.
For the assigned segment of the U.S. wholesale loan portfolio:
Credit File Review:
- Evaluate lending transactions and personnel ensuring compliance with policies approvals, monitoring and risk assessment.
- Identify loans with potential credit weakness and any relevant trends that may affect collectability.
Credit Portfolio Review:
- Identify potential trends at the sector/industry level.
- Ensure aggregate risk profile is understood, is within risk appetite and is reflective of current market conditions and concerns.
- Ensure emerging risks are identified and highlighted to management.
- Provide management with an objective assessment of the assigned segment of the U.S. wholesale loan portfolio
- Provide management with credit information and regulatory reporting
- Document findings and follow-up to assess resolution.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of five years of experience in wholesale credit in an underwriting or adjudication capacity. Regulatory background in a supervision & regulation role is also applicable.
- Strong negotiation, oral and written communication skills.
- Solution orientated focus.
- Thorough knowledge of lending products.
- Ability to handle a significant and diverse workload,
- Ability to accept accountability, assume leadership and demonstrate initiative.
- Partnership mentality with respect to the rest of enterprise.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with regulators, GRM, R&M and other business unit’s managers and peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic.