The incumbent will be tasked with working closely with colleagues in Internal Audit, Group Risk Management (GRM), Global Credit, Ratings & Monitoring (R&M) and Credit Transaction Management to ensure that for their assigned segment of the U.S. wholesale loan portfolio:
- Appropriate sample and review of the portfolio.
- Identify and report potential weaknesses at the borrower and/or portfolio level and recommend an appropriate remediation plan to the relevant business/support units.
- Ensure risks unique to both the region and the assigned portfolio segment are properly reflected in both the local and global risk frameworks as necessary.
Credit File Review:
- Evaluate lending transactions and personnel ensuring compliance with policies approvals, monitoring and risk assessment.
- Identify loans with potential credit weakness and any relevant trends that may affect collectability.
Credit Portfolio Review:
- Identify potential trends at the sector/industry level.
- Ensure aggregate risk profile is understood, is within risk appetite and is reflective of current market conditions and concerns.
- Ensure emerging risks are identified and highlighted to management.
- Provide management with an objective assessment of the assigned segment of the U.S. wholesale loan portfolio
- Provide management with credit information and regulatory reporting
- Document findings and follow-up to assess resolution.
- Minimum of five years of experience in wholesale credit in an underwriting or adjudication capacity. Regulatory background in a supervision & regulation role is also applicable.
- Strong negotiation, oral and written communication skills.
- Solution orientated focus.
- Thorough knowledge of lending products.
- Ability to handle a significant and diverse workload,
- Ability to accept accountability, assume leadership and demonstrate initiative.
- Partnership mentality with respect to the rest of bank enterprise.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with bank regulators, GRM, R&M and other business unit’s managers and peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.