Apply for the US ALM Risk Manager position
"*" indicates required fields
Office Status: Hybrid
Salary: $110,000 – $165,000
- The incumbent is responsible for applying a working level of knowledge of Asset Liability Management (ALM) (also referred to as banking book market risk, non-trading market risk, or interest rate risk in the banking book – IRRBB); a primary responsibility of this role is to provide support to the Lead, ALM Risk Management on matters pertaining to the oversight of the ALM profile and management of CUSO entities.
- This role will be one of coordination, working within established policies and procedures and assuming responsibility for interpretation and delivery within established policies and procedures.
- Independently conduct moderately complex routine operations and maintenance support activities.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of procedures and concepts within ALM and respond to moderately complex functional queries.
- Adhere to operating policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines and make recommendations within scope of ALM and/or provide input into policy and procedure amendments.
- Identify and independently resolve moderately complex routine issues in the context of ALM.
- Analyze data and prepare reports of observations, and relatively simple recommendations based on findings.
- Generally execute on approved strategy but may assist in the development of strategies/action plans to address technical and competency gaps within oversight of ALM.
- Ensure a strong control environment by aligning data management, methodology and quantitative models
- Utilize the Bank’s banking book market risk measurement platforms to support risk analytics
- Implement risk analysis tools to allow for deeper understanding of risk drivers and changes
- Understand and quantify the impacts from model and parameter assumptions (quantitative and qualitative) employed within the banking book market risk framework, including deposit duration models, retail pricing models, and loan prepayment models
- Create consolidated reporting that includes additional sensitivity measures and stress testing, with consistent aggregation and integration across business lines, legal entities, etc.
- Monitor activities and exposures to ensure adherence to approved policies and limits
- Regularly review existing policies and limits, proposing updates and revisions where necessary
- Ensure risk reporting is timely and accurate and changes in risk are properly investigated and understood
- Provide insight on key risks and exposures versus market trends and potential events to identify and provide insight on emerging risk exposures