The Vice President will be responsible for coordinating with senior professionals in their efforts to grow and manage the asset-based lending (ABL) business. This is an originator role and will provide the candidate the opportunity to be deeply involved in deal origination, execution and management. The successful candidate will be capable of developing deep competency in multiple critical disciplines including negotiation, sales, financial modeling, credit analysis, risk structuring, document review, and product development.
- Work with senior SPO staff, relationship managers, treasury personnel, capital markets professionals, as well as various internal and external advisors to assess, structure and execute transaction opportunities.
- Lead the preparation of proposals and approval materials for clients and to support internal decision-making processes.
- Work with credit and risk teams and advocate for transactions with those teams.
- Assist in modifying/building risk assessment and transaction pricing tools; evaluate collateral structures, review transaction documents, analyze market opportunities.
- Research and build collateral valuation libraries.
- Prepare and assess various periodic reports, such as, risk analysis reports, self-assessment report, credit exposure reports, and regulatory reports.
- Support the adaptation and maintenance of a new portfolio management tools.
- Strong quantitative and financial analysis abilities
- Demonstrated advanced modeling utilizing Microsoft Excel including ‘clean sheet’ development; ability to learn other systems
- Exposure to foundational accounting, tax and legal concepts associated with corporate finance
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, engineering and/or other business-related concentrations is required.
- 6-8 years of banking or commercial finance experience or recent MBA graduate with 2 years in a sales/sales support role and 4 years of prior analyst experience.