Global Investment Bank
Office Status: Hybrid
Global investment bank is looking for a “Team Lead / SME” for it’s AML Compliance Internal Audit team.
The firm made a name for itself with its successful capital markets and asset management businesses but has recently been in the news for it’s focus on corporate financing for renewable energy and technology companies.
They are having a great year and building out their presence in NYC within several groups. SME/Lead Auditor (VP/Director equivalent) that can help oversee the team and manage/review audits related to AML and international sanctions. This person will have a direct line to the Chief Auditor and be viewed at as the “go-to” person for all AML audit inquiries.
As an SME on the team, this person will have global exposure to senior leadership, and essentially be viewed at as an internal advisor for all AML compliance audits.
This is a very senior position, based in NYC (flexible work schedule / 2-3 days a week WFH)
- Contribute to the on-going development of team knowledge and expertise on auditing International Sanctions risks related subject matters, including a regulatory watch on US laws, regulations and guidelines/ best practices and auditing standards applicable to these risks; attend industry or group events to keep abreast of International Sanctions related developments in the banking industry
- Monitor the evolution of relevant group policies and procedures, as well as related systems and tools, implemented in the group to manage and mitigate International Sanctions risks
- Assess the risks of the audited activities, including International Sanctions risks and associated operational risks, test and validate the related control environment for its design and operating effectiveness
- Review and challenge the processes and controls in place to mitigate the risks, relying on fact based and documented audit work
- Define objectives and perform end of assignment assessment for the allocated team
- Prepare the assignment planning and allocate work streams by team member; manage projects/tasks/staff and budget resources efficiently
- 7-15 years of Audit with a specializing in AML/Compliance
- CAMS certification