- The incumbent is responsible for supporting the oversight, design and execution of Consent Order Action Plan (COAP) validations, including Checkpoints, Matters Requiring Attention (MRAs) and Article Closures, issue validations, and other COAP related ad hoc projects as they arise.
- S/he will prepare for each assigned validation, design and execute audit tests, document tests results and timely communicate validation progress and gaps/findings.
- S/he will also evaluate management action plans and follow up to ensure control issues are effectively resolved.
- The incumbent will also conduct COAP continuous monitoring and assess the impact of changes to regulatory environment.
- Last but not the least the role will collaborate with data analytics team to develop automated audit tools to optimize audit work.
- We are looking for candidates who has at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, and advanced degree is preferred.
- The ideal candidate should possess at least 8 years of work experience in a senior management role in compliance, AML, or sanctions with a control, risk, compliance or internal audit focus at large banking organizations or regulatory experience.
- Experience as a bank examiner, auditor, consultant or compliance professional with a strong understanding of BSA, AML, and OFAC is required.
- S/he will demonstrate extensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC, and consumer banking regulation, and has developed working knowledge of Consent Order validation including developing validation program, executing validation testing attributes, documenting results and communicating gaps and observations with key stakeholders and senior management.
- The candidate will able to apply their excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management.
- S/he shall also have ability to build rapport with internal stakeholders and examiners.
- Experience in ensuring documentary sufficiency of analytical procedures to support audit standards and bank regulatory expectations is required.
- Proven process manager with an established track record of overseeing and executing multiple deliverables is also required.
- The candidate will bring in the experience using computer assisted auditing tools to improve sampling and test audit assertions, and demonstrate the capability and willingness to develop staff, including new hires, on technical skills.
- CFA and/or CAMS certifications is preferred but not required.