One of the largest internationally based commercial banks in the world is building out a team to support their US operations. They’re looking for a VP of Audit that will manage a team of 4 covering controls and audits within compliance and AML. This person will have a ton of exposure to the Head of US Audit as well as the Chief Auditor of the firm. Personality is key here as this person will be facing off with several senior level stakeholders on a weekly basis. The team in the US is new and has a start-up type of feel to it.
- The incumbent is responsible for supporting the oversight, design and execution of Consent Order Action Plan (COAP) validations, including Checkpoints, Matters Requiring Attention (MRAs) and Article Closures, issue validations, and other COAP related ad hoc projects as they arise.
- Prepare for each assigned validation, design and execute audit tests, document tests results and timely communicate validation progress and gaps/findings.
- Responsible for evaluating management action plans and follow up to ensure control issues are effectively resolved.
- The incumbent will also conduct COAP continuous monitoring and assess the impact of changes to regulatory environment.
- Last but not the least the role will collaborate with data analytics team to develop automated audit tools to optimize audit work
- 7+ years of Audit experience from a consulting firm or commercial bank covering AML