EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
To manage an Asset Based Lending portfolio predominantly in middle market companies in accordance with policies and procedures while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Manage a portfolio of loans including monitoring borrower’s financial and collateral performance relative to financial projections, covenants and reporting requirements.
- Proactively develop account management strategies for both growing and deteriorating situations. In multi-lender transactions, manage and maintain effective relationship with borrowers, agent banks and participants.
- Assist in identifying and underwriting new business opportunities including originations and syndicated senior credit facilities and negotiate loan documents.
- Collaborate with business line managers and other internal customers in product design, development and pricing strategies.
- Assist in the development of strong relationships with key players in the community to help drive business.
- Strategize with team to assess market position and competition opportunities.
- Manage pro-actively and reactively, client concerns regarding market turbulence, portfolio performance and transaction related issues.
- Proactively develop and maintain client relationships. Review lead sources and intelligence gleaned from peers to uncover potential opportunities
- Represent all Bank products in target market area by providing personalized service to customers; responding to specific questions; addressing concerns, personal considerations and all matters relative to their investments/deposit accounts.
- Promote Bank products and services in an effort to generate new business or maintain existing relationships.
- Evaluate internal and external business and related data on current and prospective international and domestic clients.
- Consult with customers to determine individual needs and risk appetite; provide financial, economic and banking information accordingly.
- Attend in-house meetings in order to keep abreast of market and economic trends as well as global developments related to the unit’s activity
- Keep abreast of market and economic developments and communicate relevant information to management and customers.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, which fall within scope of responsibility.
- Senior secured asset based credit facilities
- Strong credit and financial analysis skills
- Risk management, leadership and team building through all phases of the credit cycle, including workout, distressed and growth cycles
- Demonstrated past experience in employing effective relationship management skills
- Detailed knowledge and broad financial industry knowledge to include expertise in financial products, and the banking and securities industry worldwide
- Detailed knowledge and awareness of emerging market investments as well as political and economic climate of countries.
- Strong knowledge of the competitive arena
- Employs market/competitor awareness in relationship communication and business development opportunities
- System & Technology Use: Displays working knowledge of system; Navigates systems quickly and accurately; Exhibits required keyboarding skills; Accesses data efficiently.
- Able to use job-specific software (Bloomberg).
- Established industry-wide contacts.
- The ability to conceptualize and implement strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, strategically aligning efforts and activities to meet unit’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Personable, polished individual with a positive attitude.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – self-starter, high-risk, high-reward mentality
- Superior intellectual curiosity and capacity.
- Ability to act fast and be proactive.
- Works with the utmost of honesty, integrity and ethics.
- Follows current events, business news, local, national and worldwide economics, and market developments;
- In depth knowledge of finance, accounting statements, and valuations are required;
- Experience in closing large portfolio transactions.
- Creative thinker who recognizes unique value-add opportunities with respect to construction renovations, managerial changes and other repositioning efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong negotiator.
- Creative problem solver with attention to detail.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience related ABL/middle market lending experience, requiring the development of customer relationships, the cultivation of referral sources and the development of new account relationships.
- At least three to five years’ managerial experience.
- Business Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required.
- MBA preferable.