VP-Compliance Data Scientist
Department/Team: Legal and Compliance Department
Job Title (Corp Title and Functional Title): VP-Compliance Data Scientist
Reports to: Executive Director-Compliance Control Officer
Supervises: 2 + 1 temp and 1 interns
Job Description: This is a full time position and is responsible for managing and executing Branch’s Compliance data related projects and BAU tasks pertaining to data extraction, analysis and management, and implementation of Compliance systems (e.g., system change management, data mapping, data reconciliation/quality checks, pre/post implementation UAT, model/operational documentation, and Compliance model validation issues remediation).
- Assist Compliance teams to manage and execute the data related working plans according to the Bank’s compliance policies and working procedures.
- Lead in data design, data mapping, data reconciliation, data quality checks, UAT and implementation on related Compliance systems, along with working process design for new function/system and development of related manual, policy and procedural documentation.
- Participate in rule tuning and testing in an annual basis, or follow the guidance of management decision.
- Participate in transaction analysis and rule tuning based on the requirements in relevant procedures / methodology documentation.
- Check, monitor and report the routine data processing for Compliance, and make sure they are running in compliance with the policy and procedure as per requests from AML, KYC and Sanction, etc.
- Lead various regulatory and internal Compliance data change initiatives, primarily focused on but not limited to AML, KYC, and Sanctions.
- Extract and perform analysis on the compliance risk assessment data and report any potential changes we need to make to BSA Officer.
- Provide trainings to related team member to help them with better understanding of CDS function.
- Any other duties and ad-hoc projects assigned by the Compliance Control Officer.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree
- Must have 5+ years’ prior Compliance (e.g., AML, Sanctions, KYC) data analysis experience
- Sound experience in banking, with a strong emphasis as it relates to payment standards, payment flow, and business infrastructure
- Experienced in data mapping, performance and implementation of AML software (e.g., Actimize, FIS) are strongly preferred
- Professional certification (CAMS) is a plus
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of best practice data management and data/information governance frameworks
- Proficient in MS-SQL, PPT and Excel (advanced functionalities)
- Knowledge of BSA/AML regulations and processes
- Proficiency in Chinese language is a plus