EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
- Working directly with the Managing Director responsible for U.S. Business Unit Compliance, the BUCO will be responsible for assisting the Managing Director in coordinating the activities of all BUCO’s across jurisdictions. This will include at times, managing and coordinating remediation projects; coordinating regulator exams or queries, and ensuring consistency of activities throughout the first line supervisory program.
- Additional accountabilities will include a robust understanding of the regulatory obligations associated with the various trading products and personnel, and the development and/or continued maintenance of a first line of defense (Trade Supervision) protocol for monitoring controls around them. It will additionally include coordination with the BUCO’s responsible for Investment and Corporate Banking.
- The BUCO is also accountable for helping to promote an inherent culture of compliance across Capital Markets Trading Products so that resources may be committed toward proactive rather than reactive gap analysis.
- The BUCO will work closely with the Managing Director and other members of Trade Floor Supervision, as well as 2nd line Compliance to ensure adherence to all applicable regulations.
- Review surveillance reports, documents and report anomalies and trends.
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date policies and procedures
- Partner closely with Compliance and Supervision colleagues in order to monitor Regulatory developments in the context of current rules and industry trends.
- Participate in regulatory exams, including direct interface with Regulators and Examiners
- Advise Desk Heads on regulatory impacts to proposed strategies and transactions