- Maintain oversight of all ongoing monitoring requirements and client deliverables as well as compliance with all terms of the loan agreement.
- Update, track and follow up with customers on financial covenants, real estate taxes and insurance due on a periodic basis.
- Ensure that covenant, loan and collateral data is correctly represented in internal Support the new business and origination functions of the Commercial and Industrial (C&I) lending teams, with specific focus on Project Finance transactions in the renewable energy sector. Pre-screen transactions for general fit within profile and request additional information to assess the credit profile of a particular borrower. Utilize analytical programs and industry expertise in this function.
- Commence the underwriting process in a timely manner by determining the necessary financial information requirements to be obtained from prospects/borrowers and 3rd parties, including but not limited to market information, borrowing entity and structure, personal and corporate financial statements, borrowing bases, accounts receivable agings, as well as other due diligence items. Ability to analyze and prepare stress test scenarios. Prepare credit approval memo (CAP).
- Prepare financial spreads in Moody’s CreditLens and evaluate/assign proper borrower and facility risk ratings by completing all required risk rating models and analysis. Develop financial models to best analyze transactions, stress scenarios, and projections
- Perform borrower financial analysis through review of provided financial information to determine borrower financial/operating condition and develop cash flow analysis. Specific focus on collateral analysis, projected financial results, excess availability analysis and variance reports on credits with borrowing base and asset coverage structures.
- Ability to analyze cash flow (unsecured) credit structures including Highly Leveraged Transactions (HLTs) utilizing Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Enterprise Valuation (EV), etc.
- Perform guarantor financial analysis through review of personal financial information including personal financial statements, tax returns, real estate owned schedules, and liquidity statements to determine financial strength of the guarantor.
- Review and analyze all 3rd. party reports and include findings in the analysis of financial condition of the borrower or guarantor. Primary responsible and accountable to review the reports, address issues and challenge findings with vendors when appropriate, encourage 3rd. parties to deliver on time.
- Work with the business lending team to identify and mitigate risks, and assist with structuring credit requests (i.e. financial covenants, term, guarantors, etc.) keeping the interests of both customer and bank in mind. Protect the Bank by providing unbiased and objective view of the prospective borrower.
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in regulatory environment and leading industry practices by monitoring news and other industry sources of information. Assist in developing the Bank’s Internal Credit Policy and procedures with respect to Project Finance lending.
- Attend Credit Committee meetings for presentation of credit approval memos
- Working in Economic, financial and regulatory (compliance) environment.
- Knowledge of commercial banking and cash management products.
- Strong customer support and communication background with existing and new clients.
- Understanding of the banking system and/or companies’ banking needs.
- Familiarity and experience with the regulatory environment relevant to Renewable Energy, as well as with professional terminology like Tax Credit, power units, etc is preferred.
- Moody’s CreditLens and RiskCalc, experience desired.