Apply for the VP, Credit Officer, Asset Based Lending position
"*" indicates required fields
Office Status: Hybrid
Salary: $170,000 – $190,000
- Identify the potential credit deterioration of individual companies in the portfolio and maintain timely and accurate risk ratings
- Staying current on changes and potential changes in the sector and regulatory developments is an important part of your job
- Coordinate and communicate critical account information independently and directly to various related parties including the business line, product groups, and credit divisions.
- Additional responsibilities will include presentations to senior executives, discussions with internal auditors and external regulators.
- Providing quality control for credit applications and/or approval memos.
- Participate in and contribute to special assignments and projects as required.
- Lead effective challenge of transactions to ensure safety and soundness of portfolio
- Work with the business line to identify and mitigate structural and other risks in prospective transactions.
- Evaluate credit opportunities along with the business line and perform detailed credit analysis taking into consideration industry, business, legal and financial risks, and make recommendations to management operate.
- Provide real-time feedback to deal teams about the company’s risk appetite for transactions.
- Provide structuring input and make recommendations on credit requests based on fundamental analysis and maintain a comprehensive knowledge on individual companies and the industries in which they operate.
- Advise the Business Line on credit risk issues/terms and conditions to create the best possible transaction, focusing on the risk/return dynamic and on minimizing potential credit costs.
- Ensure compliance with external regulatory/internal policy and procedural requirements
- Participate in ad-hoc policy meetings to enhance organization wide credit risk framework.