International Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Within Credit Risk Assessment Group (“CAG”), the candidate will report to the Team Leader of Corporates and will be part of a team responsible for managing a portfolio comprised of US and Latin American corporate clients and subsidiaries of non-US groups. As an important member of the team, the candidate will manage the diverse corporates portfolio including the key strategic Autos, Aircraft Financings, and Metals & Mining and related activities within. Candidate will be responsible for reviewing credit requests/amendments that are originated/analyzed by the business lines, and producing CAG commentaries, and on-going portfolio monitoring.
- Review and approve within granted authority credit requests/amendments that are originated/analyzed by front office (1LOD) and produce Credit Assessment Group commentaries in an efficient/timely manner.
- Ensure that credit risks are properly identified, measured, managed, and mitigated, and that 1LOD assumptions/projections are appropriately challenged.
- Communicate and work closely in partnership with business and other middle/back-office groups to respond to needs in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Communicate with RISQ colleagues in Paris as needed, particularly for transactions involving global clients.
- Have a strong understanding of all local, global and regulatory risk related guidelines to ensure that all requests comply. If there is a breach, such is identified and escalated as required.
- Ensure that when reviewing a transaction or when defining a credit policy, the environmental aspects are also taken into consideration.
- Properly monitor concentration risk at the single-name level and at the portfolio/regional level, working closely with the Portfolio Assessment Group (PAG).
- Monitor credit quality post-origination on both a single name and portfolio basis using all available tools / sources of information and the assistance of PAG.
- Use the electronic tools at the same time as when CAG review is provided to validate all requests, ratings, LGDs, and classifications.
- Actively participate in the Watch List review process and maintain a regular dialogue with the Asset Recovery (ARM) team on general trends and/or specific issues/clients.
- Work closely with business lines to monitor the clients and relevant industry issues, ensuring proper risk/reward dynamics are maintained.