Apply for the VP, Credit Officer – Natural Resources/Infrastructure position
"*" indicates required fields
Office Status: Hybrid
- Review and approve within granted authority credit requests/amendments that are originated/analyzed by front office (1LOD) and produce Credit Assessment Group analysis in an efficient/timely manner. Ensure that credit risks are properly identified, measured, managed, and mitigated, and that 1LOD assumptions/projections are appropriately challenged.
- Communicate and work closely in partnership with business and other middle/back office groups to respond to needs in a timely and efficient fashion;
- Communicate with RISQ colleagues in Paris as needed, particularly for transactions involving global clients;
- Have a strong understanding of all local, global and regulatory risk related guidelines to ensure that all requests comply. If there is a breach, such is identified and escalated as required.
- Ensure that when reviewing a transaction or when defining a credit policy, the environmental aspects are always taken into consideration.
- Properly monitor leverage and concentration risk at the single-name level and at the portfolio/regional level, working closely with the Portfolio Management and Governance (PMG).
- Monitor credit quality post-origination on both a single name and portfolio basis using all available tools / sources of information and the assistance of PMG.
- Use the electronic tools at the same time as when CAG review is provided to validate all requests, ratings, LGDs, and classifications.
- Actively participate in the Watch List review process and maintain a regular dialogue with the Asset Recovery (ARM) team on general trends and/or specific issues/clients.
- Work closely with business lines to monitor the clients and relevant industry issues, ensuring proper risk/reward dynamics are maintained.