EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
Key responsibilities include gathering and analyzing industry information, financial modeling, and writing reports on the Energy and Basic Materials sectors and on companies under coverage. Candidates should be able to clearly identify macro and micro credit risk factors that impact both individual companies and broader industries and subsectors.
- Writing research reports, including industry initiations, industry thought pieces, and earnings recaps
- Sourcing alternative data sets and simplifying and summarizing relevant industry and company information for inclusion in research reports
- Conducting proprietary research evaluating the competitive landscape, and analyzing implications of industry/company news to companies under coverage
- Creating and maintaining relationships with industry contacts
- Building dynamic financial models or using existing tools for quantitative analysis as necessary
- Prepare for presentations to Senior Management, Banking teams, Management Committees, Regulators and other stakeholders
- Highly motivated professional with a thirst for knowledge and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience writing and speaking in a professional capacity.
- Crafting research notes and/or development and presentation of industry reports.
- Effective oral communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to function independently while maintaining a collegial and collaborative approach to working with other team members
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills using Excel
- Prior, direct experience in the [Energy/ Basic Materials/ TMT] industry and/or sellside or buyside equity research is a plus
- An advanced degree (MBA) or CFA is a plus
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and capabilities