This position requires an individual with a strong credit analysis background covering corporate borrowers across various industry segments (experience covering Telecommunications, Technology, and/or Sponsor/LBO finance transactions a plus). The candidate will assist the Team in completing the annual review plan by conducting independent credit reviews to ensure compliance with Bank policies and procedures as well as adherence with regulatory guidelines thereby minimizing losses. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to communicate credit risk management weaknesses identified to Credit Review senior management and the line of business; as well as effectively challenge internal and regulatory risk ratings where appropriate.
- In the course of performing individual credit reviews, use professional expertise to opine on the adequacy of facility underwriting and documentation, including, but not limited to, collateral, repayment sources, risk appetite, leverage, enterprise valuations, discounted cash flow analysis.
- Assess the sufficiency of credit risk monitoring programs, relevant performance covenants and monitoring guidelines and trigger events. Ensure all credit extensions are made in compliance with the bank’s lending policies and procedures as well as regulatory guidelines.
- Evaluate borrower financial performance through the assessment of financial statements and credit risk metrics, including income statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet and capital structure analysis. Evaluate the financial performance against all base and stress-scenario financial projections as required.
- Determine the accuracy of Regulatory Classifications and internal risks ratings / Head Office Customer Categorization, Recommend, document and fully support all changes to the same in the accordance with Credit Review’s position as final arbiter.
- Use knowledge of industry best practices, regulatory requirements and professional experience to identify deficiencies and/or areas of improvement in bank’s credit risk management processes, procedures and policies.
- Verify the adequacy of the Allocation for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) procedures as required.
- Perform regular Risk Assessments for assigned portfolio segments to accurately document Credit Review’s current opinion of the quantity, quality and direction of credit risk in the bank’s portfolio. Maintain regular contact with front office, credit, audit and compliance colleagues, and utilize third-party resources and professional networks, to provide as accurately and timely an assessment as possible.
- Perform Continuous Monitoring reviews on assigned portfolio segments to enhance the early detection of credit risk in the bank’s credit portfolio and enhance Credit Review’s Risk Assessment process.
- Draft potential review issues for discussion with relevant Reviewer-in-Charge, Credit Review management and with review targets as directed.
- Use portfolio knowledge and expertise to assist in the planning, preparation and training of review team members prior to the start of review fieldwork as directed.
- Successful completion of a formal financial services credit training program.
- 7 or more years of credit related experience with a major financial institution and/or equivalent experience with a U.S. bank regulatory agency (FRB, OCC, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent work experience necessary.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to arrive at creative solutions; a self-starter
- Familiarity with a variety of credit products (i.e. corporate credit, acquisition financing, project finance, etc.) and willingness to learn new credit products.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Some travel required.