International Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
- Client is seeking a Senior Credit Officer with strong credit and quantitative skills to analyze the credit risk and various elements of project finance transactions in the Americas. Coverage includes renewable and conventional power, natural resources, infrastructure and PPP transactions in North and Latin America. Knowledge of Public Finance and sports financing is also helpful, but not required.
- As part of 2LoD, the Senior Credit Officer’s main responsibility entails the review of credit applications submitted by the front office (1LoD) and to prepare executive summaries for the management of the Credit Department.
- Analyze various risk elements of project finance transactions in the Americas, and present written executive summaries to the management of the Credit Department.
- Oversee the maintenance of credit quality and provide feedback to business units to ensure consistent and complete credit applications. Also, provide guidance, as necessary, to business units to ensure compliance with internal standards.
- Monitor and supervise problem loans including Warning Obligors and present written memorandum/reports to management.
- Manage compliance with internal policies, work flow procedures, regulations, etc.
- Other credit related works/projects as assigned
- In-depth knowledge of project finance, in addition to corporate finance and accounting, is required.
- Critical thinking and ability to analyze a vast and complex amount of information and quickly render credit decisions.
- Experience in facing the regulators at the SNC, TLR, etc exams and knowledge of regulatory ratings is a plus.
- Risk sensitivity and ability to steer decisions through discussions with the business units.
- Working experience in the credit department of a major project finance bank.
- Attention to details, ability to quickly individuate and focus on the key risks factors of highly structured transactions and visually present complex concepts with graphs, tables and flow charts.
- Flexibility to work under tight deadlines and in a multitasking environment.
- Knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese is helpful, but not required.