The Chief of Staff at a major investment bank is looking for a new VP of Finance in NYC. This is a small team that has a tremendous amount of exposure to both the Chief of Staff and the COO of the bank. This is a very hands on position, will manage a small team, will be heavily involved in analytics and have a major project management component to it. The role will put someone on track to ultimately become a Chief of Staff and/or COO down the road. The position is open purely because of growth. The team is currently working in the office 2 days a week, 3 days from home and has a history of offering very competitive compensation packages.
- Manage the local Americas Financial management team to design, implement and deliver the highest level of service quality to the GBSU Executive Committee and the whole GBSU managers community
- Grow team relationship with the GBIS financial department (DFIN) to ensure strategy and processes alignment with both local Americas and Global financial standards
- Ensure global coordination with the global team on any Financial Management related projects and governances
- Define work plan, priorities, yearly objectives and strategical pillars, capacity alignment and recruitment if needed for the Financial Management team, based both in the US and Canada
- Run the monthly GBSU financial processes (actual & forecast analysis), aggregating feedbacks from several local GBSU Chief of Staffs and COO AMER Board
- Review Financial KPI: Standard Rates, Line Items Forecast, Project envelops, Invoices, Accruals etc.
- Facilitate financial transparency with regards to costs allocations
- Generate on-demand finance analysis for the various units managers
- Data Analysis and Reporting – Monthly review and analysis of spend data and trends
- Daily oversight of automated data and reports from vendors including the follow-up with vendors(s) if data and reporting fails or is missing
- Monitor and improve expense controls and processes (i.e. requisitions, expense coding/tracking and approval process)
- Maintain regional expense policies and governance documents and articulate changes to management
- Monthly invoice processing and reconciliation against budget, through coordination with other regions and Bangalore team
GBSU EXCO support
- Assist in the preparation of the annual GBSU strategic review plan, in liaison with the Business lines and other transversal functions
- Provide ad-hoc strategical analysis to local GBIS COO, GBSU COO and the GBSU EXCO members, in relations to all strategical topics and data sets.
- 5-15 years of FP&A experience, ideally within financial services
- Ability to manage