Global Investment Bank
Office Status: Hybrid
The Chief Auditor of a global investment bank is looking to build out the firm’s internal audit practice. This is a newly created position at the firm purely do to their strong performance in 2021. The VP will be responsible for managing 4 AVPs/Associates and review firm wide risk-based audits.
This is a very project-oriented position as the VP will cover several areas within the bank including asset management, capital markets and commercial banking. Previous experience in only 1 of these areas is requires. The firm is looking for someone who can not only manage a team but face off and collaborate with senior level stakeholders of each of these businesses. This is a big hire for the group with a ton of exposure to multiple businesses.
Standard hours for this role are 9-630, VP will have flexibility to work 2-3 days a week from home.
- Performing audits in accordance with established standards as outlined in the current Internal Audit Policies and Procedures by supporting the audit results and audit report inclusive of management action plans. The VP of Business Audit is expected to assess the state of governance, risk management and internal control (GRC) processes to identify internal control gaps or weaknesses related to key business risks within in investment banking, asset management and commercial financing.
- Directly perform all phases of the internal audit process, including control test work and documentation, or direct other USAO team members to perform audit work as well as reviewing/providing feedback to them on their work to ensure the collective business audit work meets the expectations of our USAO function. Specifically, the position will be assigned to assess the GRC processes of the Bank’s business areas.
- Demonstrate seasoned analytical and critical thinking skills in assessing the Bank’s GRC processes, inclusive of enterprise and emerging risks, for the areas assigned to audit (or perform other assurance activities of, including issues tracking and validation, continuous monitoring, auditable entity/key project/key business risk assessments, etc.)
- Be able to provide both a “Big Picture” assessment of the processes as well as to elaborate on the details to the Chief Auditor and other senior business leaders. The position must report results of audit work in an effective and timely manner, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk.
- 7-12 years of audit experience from public accounting or another investment bank or asset management firm
- CPA, CIA, CFA are all a huge plus